Musing Mondays, a weekly meme hosted by Should be Reading, asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I’m currently reading Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I have to confess that I’m only reading this because the movie’s coming out. What can I say? I’m a sucker for a good teeny bopper vampire flick! It’s been a while since I’ve read another Twilightesque book, mainly because the whole vampire/boarding school sub-genre is getting tiresome.
Just 100 pages into the story, I’m already sensing that a love triangle and an epic vampire clan showdown are in the midst. Yes, this series appears to be following the formula, yet the author is shaking it up a bit with some creative twists on the vampire lore. I’m interested to see how things pan out for the main character, Rose, who is getting a lot of one-on-one time with her personal defense-against-the-Strigoi trainer, Dimitri. They’re currently in the love-hate stage, which I’m sure will turn into a forbidden love affair. You see, Rose is at the bottom of the vampire totem pole and is forbidden to canoodle with members of the royal class.
Oh how I love a scandal! Stay tuned for the book/movie review.